ASA Code of Ethics
Kingsbury Aquarius SC is an ASA affiliated club. All individuals within the ASA aquatic disciplines will at all times:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person, be they adult or child, treating everyone equally within the context of the sport.
- Respect the spirit of the sport adhering to the rules and laws in and out of the pool, incorporating the concept of friendship and respect for others.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport and never condone the use of inappropriate or abusive language, inappropriate relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence.
- Accept responsibility for their own behaviour and encourage and guide all ASA members and parents of junior members to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and conduct.
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in accordance with Wavepower (ASA Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures).
- Conduct themselves in a manner that takes all reasonable measures to protect their own safety and the safety of others.
- Promote the reputation of the sport and never behave or encourage or condone others to behave in a manner that is liable to bring the sport into disrepute.
- Adhere to Wavepower the ASA Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- Adhere to the British Swimming Anti-Doping Rules.
- Adhere to the ASA Equity Policy.
- Adhere to the ASA Laws and Regulations.
- Adhere to the ASA Codes of Conduct.
ASA members should note that this is a general “umbrella” code and is supplemented by the ASA Codes of Conduct which can be found in Section 2 of Wavepower 2015-18.
ASA Board formally adopted the new Code of Ethics at the ASA Board meeting held on the 27th November 2009. It can also be found in the 2010 Handbook.
Our Training Venues
Kingsbury School: B78 2LF
Chelmsley Wood: B37 5LA
Castle Vale LC: B35 7EH
Our Latest News